Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tool 5

When I first saw MakeBeliefsComiz I immediately thought about the comic strip our kids have to create to show primary and secondary succession.  I think they would enjoy it much more doing it on the web and printing it out all official looking.  I am especially thinking of my students that are drawing handicapped like I am.  The think I do not like is the limited scenes and characters they have.  I feel like it would hinder the creativity that my students usually show given just a blank page and color pencils.  Also I don't like that you can't save to return to it later.

Here is the movie I made at GoAnimate:

http://goanimate.com/videos/0OhmTAs_aLc0?utm_source=linkshare

It was kind of fun, but like the comic I'm afraid the preset limits would hinder the creativity of my students.
I know that many of my students enjoy using Prezi.  Several of them used it earlier this semester to make presentations; it was the first time I had seen or heard about it.  I think that once I have more practice with creating them it would be something I could use in my class as both instructional and assignments for kids.  It would just take me a while to create them, but I think once I get used to the program it wouldn't be difficult to use.

I think I'm also going to check out Mixbook.  I don't think I would use it for instruction, but document the activities we do in class as a 'scrapbook' to watch the last day of school.  Or show students in future years what past students have done.  I will probably even create a personal account to share with my family members who live out of state!

No comments:

Post a Comment